Monday, August 3, 2009

More on DWT

The Denver Post published an editorial today joining the call to "stop the madness" of texting and driving. In the Post's words, "Driving while using your hands to type messages on a tiny screen — and then reading the responses — is dumb. So get real. Txtng n drvng dnt mx." Stated as such, the decision seems simple, or at least it should be.

In my previous post on this issue, I briefly discussed how Congress can practically require states to outlaw DWT. Despite "loathing" such government "coercion," the editors seem willing to put this aside in favor of safety. What do I care about? Forget individual rights, personal freedom, and government intrusion. I care about not being plowed down by a texting college student while riding my bike or walking my dogs through my own neighborhood.

Stop the madness.

P.S. - If you feel strongly about this issue or any other issue, you can find your elected officials and send them messages through the website www.congress.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment